Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:52:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Keith F. Lynch" <kfl@KeithLynch.net>
To: WSFA members <WSFAlist@KeithLynch.net>
Subject: [WSFA] New email list

I just sent the following, announcing the proposed new email list for
announcing meeting swaps and other urgent news:

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:49:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Keith F. Lynch" <kfl@KeithLynch.net>
To: leeandalexis@comcast.net, Macbuccfo@msn.com,
    teamtunafish@comcast.net, George_Shaner@yahoo.com, JEKindell@aol.com,
    virl@earthlink.net, Sheri.Bell@navy.mil, BellB@cpcug.org,
    myeh@tcs.wap.org, mike.nelson@seahunt.org, ccah@earthlink.net,
    Prather@netzero.net, sscheiner@yahoo.com, kathi@bungalow.org,
    FairestCat@techemail.com, Bungalow@Radix.Net, john@bungalow.org,
    disclave@att.net, jkling@nasw.org, loszko@home.com,
    lanceoszko@hotmail.com, awilliams@capcity.com, billesquire@yahoo.com,
    will@willcon.net, LKessler@lharris.com, robt@well.com,
    jensen@osicom.com, smartcat1917@netscape.net, bradlyau@aol.com,
    zabethg@yahoo.com, alysounA@aol.com, mattapp@aol.com,
    hagee@jhu.edu, v.lee.hagee@worldnet.att.net, rroe@loc.gov,
    chuckdivine@earthlink.net, mziper@us.net, mdb@omniphile.com,
    marilyn.mix@omitron.com, edmond@radix.net, ccal@loc.gov,
    ccal@smart.net, gilliland@gsa.gov, charles.gilliland@gsa.gov,
    alypar@erols.com, SchaadTE@state.gov, FstFwdCSF@aol.com,
    Ronald.Taylor@uchsc.edu, BMoonStone@aol.com, Hoey@AIC.NRL.Navy.Mil,
    weese_steve@hotmail.com, michaelvassar@hotmail.com,
    pfeffer@codon.nih.gov, lpfeffer@us.net, wmat@loc.gov,
    wjake@prodigy.net, bucconeer@pipeline.com, peggyrae@worldnet.att.net,
    jtsapien@bellatlantic.net, jimeh@bea.com, jimeh@weblogic.com,
    dgrimm@mail04.mitre.org, BillMayhew@aol.com, george@hammfamily.org,
    lynxman@patriot.net, andrewms@capaccess.org, steven@desjardins.org,
    memorman@us.oracle.com
Subject: [WSFA] WSFA email lists

At the last WSFA meeting, it was voted that I should email "everyone"
to ask them if they want to subscribe to a proposed new very-low-
volume email list which would only be used to announce changes in WSFA
meeting locations and other urgent WSFA business that can't wait for
the next meeting or the next WSFA Journal.  For instance the meeting
location swap this month.

You don't *have to* subscribe to this new list to find out about
meeting changes.  Meeting locations are always listed in our calendar
of upcoming events at http://www.wsfa.org/calendar.htm, mirrored at
http://keithlynch.net/wsfa/calendar.htm, as are numerous other events
of interest to WSFAns.  In fact, I recommend always checking this web
page just before leaving for any WSFA meeting, even if you subscribe
to this proposed new list, since email isn't always reliable.

There are already three other WSFA email lists:

* An email discussion list, for open discussion, with 29 subscribers,
  which averages four messages a day.  All WSFAns can post to the
  list, and read the messages in the web archives, even if they aren't
  subscribed.  See http://www.wsfa.org/list.htm

* A list just for my announcing that a new WSFA Journal is available
  online.  It gets one posting a month.  (I don't announce when
  another back issue is available online, which on the average one
  more each week is.)  It has 7 subscribers who aren't on the
  discussion list, to which I CC all such announcements.

* A list just for my announcing the date, time, location, and
  directions (car and transit) to each meeting.  This is intended
  mostly for new people who find us on the web and email me to ask
  for directions, but long-time WSFAns are welcome to subscribe.
  (Some don't know how easy it is to get to meetings by Metro.)
  It has 30 subscribers, and gets two or three messages a month.

Also, Colleen Cahill maintains a list of members' email addresses,
street addresses, and phone number, intended for one-on-one
communication.  This replaces Joe Mayhew's old "WSFA First Contact
List".  This list is not available on the web, but Colleen will
email it to any WSFA member who wants it.

Also, there's a list of members' email addresses that was formerly
at http://www.wsfa.org/members.htm, also intended for one-on-one
communication.  After it got spammed three years ago, I moved it to
a semi-secret URL that anyone in fandom should be able to figure out
after looking in the original location.  This list is seriously out
of date, and I may discontinue it.

I'm willing to subscribe any past or present WSFA member to any or
all of these lists.

Does anyone have a current email address for Covert Beach, Boots
Coleman, Christopher Damrosch, Candice Davis, Shirl Hayes, Brian
Lewis, Doc Ryl, Victoria Smith, or Dave Taylor?  I'd also like to
send this message to them.  Thanks.

Due to enormous amounts of spam, I've been forced to aggressively
filter my incoming email.  If you reply, please don't send
attachments, HTML, PDF, or "rich text".  If you don't get a
reply from me within 48 hours, please try again after reading
http://www.wsfa.org/email.htm, or leave me a message at 703-698-1568,
or talk to me at a WSFA meeting.  Thanks.